Monday, May 1, 2017

Glenpool

As I entered these doors this morning I had a new sense of providing safety for the residents. Let me explain. I spoke with a nursing home administrator over the weekend and learned a new dimension in caring for the residents. In some cases there are people (residents) who are being protected or hidden from family, friends, etc. as a result of neglect or abuse. If pictures of these people should appear on the internet, and there location should be discovered, it would not be a good thing. Do to privacy regulations I do not know who these people are. As a result of this new information I have decided to stop taking pictures of the residents unless it has been okayed by the staff. (Not just here but with every nursing home.) I want the safest environment possible for these precious people. I will continue to put out pictures but not of the actual residents.

We did have another wonderful time this morning. As we started to sing, residents came. Hands were raised to our wonderful Lord. Then, we looked into the Word. Last month we looked at, "Why Did Jesus Come?" This month we are looking at, "Why Did Jesus Go?" We looked at the fact that Jesus said, He had to go so He could send the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit could not come until Jesus left. And, we love the Holy Spirit. He is our Comfort and our Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment