Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wednesday - April 1st

The traveling days have sure been different with no stores or restaurants open. Generally, I will write on my blog during my lunch however there is nothing open. So I am writing now - (8:24pm). Today was a very long but productive day. I traveled 303 miles and visited 11 nursing care facilities. I see a lot of stress in the facilities. There are pockets here and there where I see joy and happiness. It is rare but it is there. I can tell right away they are drawing on the peace and joy of the Lord. One woman saw that I was providing Christian based books and CDs. She was so excited she shook my hand and gave me a big hug. She completely forgot about CV-19 protocol. It is certainly a witness to people looking for answers during a time of need. Life in nursing homes is very lonely right now. I have sensed the need to pick up the pace in my travels and get to the rest of the facilities as quickly as possible. I am looking at maps and checking my supplies. I believe I need to get off the road soon. God is so good to guide me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment