Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Wednesday - December 1st, 2021

 And here we are, into December already.  I think with the nursing homes closed for such a long time it's taking a toll on the residents and staff.  This has been and continues to be a real challenge.  This morning I brought Christmas to the residents and staff.  There were both tears and clapping as we sang.  What a joy to be able to bring Good News to the facility.  As I was closing the service the activities director came to me and said someone had requested "the Lighthouse".  It is a favorite.  So, we closed with that.

On the way home I received a text from an activities director from another facility who informed me they were closed again.  There would be no activities for December.  And so it goes.  I will be producing a Christmas program for all the nursing homes that will be available to them through YouTube.  We are going in every way and any way we can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment