Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Broken Arrow / Pawnee

It's been quite the day. It all started in Broken Arrow. These residents are amazing. They come in wanting to be fed. We lifted our voices to the Lord as residents continued to come in. The activities director said, right after I've been here, the residents are always in a more positive attitude. (That's the power of the Word. We are learning how to walk in faith.) Today, we looked at Eph. 6:16. It talks about the shield of faith and fiery darts. We learned how to apply that to our lives and make it work in every situation, all the time. Then it was on to Pawnee.

I was scheduled for 1pm in Pawnee. That's a little tight. I might have to change that, if I can. But, today being there at 1pm was God. There were several in the room when I got there. Including an older woman and 3 younger women. We began to sing. I noticed a Kleenex box at the table with the women and the younger 3 were crying. (That is not real unusual in the nursing homes.) The more we sang the happier they got. I would stop occasionally and minister between the hymns. Seemed like I should focus on the blood songs. (Considering some other situations going on in the nursing home we decided to stop after 1/2 hour.) As I was packing up the three women came to me and asked me where I had come from. I told them - Tulsa. They said they had been called by the nursing home to come in because "Granny" was failing. They had just arrived before me. One of the other residents said, "Granny was just as white as a sheet until we started singing. Then, all her color came back and she perked up."

I write this because many times we don't really know what's going on, but God does. It's so important to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment