Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Warner

When I walked into the nursing home this morning, this is what I heard. "Thank God You're here. It's the only chance we have to go to church." That is very encouraging to me personally but also a truth that most people do not think about. Unless we come to them and provide a service or program for them they will not have it because they cannot get out. There were several this morning who were depressed. Perhaps during the holidays, they realize more than other times, they feel trapped. I had a chance to pray with several residents. Staff also thanked me for coming. They too realize the holidays can be hard on the residents. I was reminded of the phrase the Lord gave me for the nursing home ministry - "Strengthening The Saved - Saving The Lost." This morning we did a lot of strengthening and encouraging. This gets right down to where "the rubber meets the road".

No comments:

Post a Comment