Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Warner

There are times when I am hit with the realization that everyone in the facility needs some form of help. I like it when the activities department is having a good day; the residents have been brought into the meeting room and everything is ready for me when I get there. In most cases that is just a dream.

As I entered the facility this morning I saw 5 residents sleeping in front of a TV. No one was in the activities office and the workers that I did see were very, very busy doing a variety of other things. I'm sure the last thing they were thinking of was a "volunteer" coming in to their facility to do something with their residents. Yet, every resident and every employee has needs. There are many possibilities, through God, to meet those needs. I turned off the TV and started gathering residents myself. I let them know that I loved them and God loved them. We began to sing about the goodness and power of God. The atmosphere began to change. Other residents heard the music in their rooms and came out. Then staff started coming in. (The love of God will draw people no matter what their situation might be.) I laid hands on the sick, residents and staff, believing they will recover.

At times when it seems there is no help to be found, there is always help - God! Remember, you and God is always a majority. Now, it's on to Fort Gibson.

No comments:

Post a Comment