Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Tulsa

It is certainly true that the Christmas season can be stressful, even for nursing home residents. Many times, during the holidays, residents remember days gone by. Relationships that are no more, loneliness, and sickness can be amplified. I want to be the best relationship they could ever have - hug them, hear their stories, laugh with them, cry with them, pray with them.
As I walked through the facility this morning I could tell the staff had more than enough to do. I was on my own. I gathered as many as I could and we had the greatest time ever. Family is what it's all about. The family of God. We are celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As I began to play some of the Christmas carols. A few residents began to cry. I could tell they were remembering times past. It was time to build some new and lasting relationships. By the end of the service hugs were in store and they were asking when I would be back. These are my friends. This is my family, stretched all throughout eastern Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment