Friday, May 25, 2018

Barnsdall/Fairfax

This morning we were having a wonderful time singing some of the hymns we all know and like. Then it was time to look into the Word. A woman came into the room and just stood next to me. I turned my attention to her, put my arm around her shoulder and said, "Would you like to come in and sit down?" She said, "Yes". So, we found a chair for her and I helped her to the chair. We talked for a little bit, having a normal conversation, and I welcomed her to the service. I did not realize that non of those things were normal for her. She normally walks the halls at a very slow shuffle and doesn't speak to anyone. The residents and staff called it a miracle. She sat back in her chair and took in the entire service. It wasn't anything that any one of us did. It was the Word of God and His Holy Spirit that drew this woman. After the service I gave her a hug and told her I would be back. I said, "I'd like you to come back in next time I come." She smiled and said she loved the Lord and would be back. Everyone around me looked like they were in shock. These types of things can be missed if your not paying attention. I am reminded of John 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

No comments:

Post a Comment