Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Warner

The Warner nursing home has facilities that allow it to care for a variety of people. This morning there were elderly in the group. But, there were also those on ventilators, and some younger people who have a variety of issues that require full-time care. This morning we had a young gal wheeled in whom I had never seen before. She was in a geri chair. I would have guessed her to be 8 to 10 years old. She has some mental and physical disabilities and just as cute as a bug. She would start to get upset during the service so I would go to her and put my hand on her shoulder or arm. When I did she would quiet down. After the service I discovered she has been here for a while but never came out. When she came to the facility she only weighed 50 lbs. Then the shocker, she is 21 years old.

I remember back in the 80's, during the Christmas season, going to a county children's home and seeing an entire facility filled with kids like this. Many of those kids had been abandoned and left for the county to care for. Now days they are assimilated into care facilities that have the ability to care for them. God has a very big heart for kids like this and so do I.

Several years ago, I had rededicated my life to the Lord and wanted to be used more than ever before. I said, “Lord, put me in situations and circumstances where I can be used the most.” I felt that I should be doing more than I was. I said, “Lord, put me on the fast track. Let’s build Your kingdom. Let’s strengthen the saved and save the lost." I had no idea how He would answer that prayer. But, I am so thankful He called me to do what I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment