Friday, September 15, 2017

Henryetta

This group is growing. I've been here a few times now and we are getting to know each other. This time they were in the room and waiting for me before I got there. That's a good sign. If you didn't know where this facility was, you'd never see it. It's not where you would just happen to drive by going through town. And, that is true with a lot of the nursing care facilities. As I was leaving, the big question was, "When are you coming back?" :)

Statistics say that 60% of residents will not have family or friends come to visit. I realize, nursing homes are not fun or necessarily comfortable places to be. However it is where many of our family and friends end up. Statistics also say that a very low percentage of residents accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I don't find that to be true. Many residents are already Christians and I find that the closer non-Christians get to eternity the more they realize the need for a savior. Consider the nursing home ministery. Either visit a local nursing home or support someone who does.

We continue to: Strengthen The Saved - Save The Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment