Monday, September 11, 2017

Wagoner

9/11 is on peoples minds today. Including the nursing homes. I understand. I am on the calendar however not on the minds of the staff. I think we can all remember where we were and what situation we were in when we heard about the twin towers in New York. When the staff saw me they said they would wake people up and bring them in. (They had been put to bed for a morning nap.) I told them, "If their sleeping don't wake them up. If I was sleeping I wouldn't want to be woken." We had a half a dozen or so, and we had a good service. I told the staff, "Don't worry about it. I'm just like an ol' penny, I'll show up again." On the road and on the way to Sallisaw.

(It's always good to remember, this is a marathon not a sprint. We are in this for the long hall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment