Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Warner/Fort Gibson

This morning, I had one of the largest groups I've ever had here. This is the first facility I ministered in over 8 years ago. And, this is the facility where the Lord reminds me of my call. He also unveils things from time to time. Today was one of those times. I new that residents can be lonely but I did not realize how lonely. Loneliness can lead to depression and depression can lead to many negative things. What I saw this morning was a lack of hope. A lack of purpose. A lack of faith. There are many residents who are in nursing care facilities not because of age but because of other physical or mental issues. Some residents are quite young.

I was reminded of my 67 Chevy. Back in the 70's I had a buddy rebuild the engine - high dome pistons, 3/4 cam, holly 4 barrel, headers, etc. The outside of the car looked the same. You couldn't tell any difference by looking at it. But, when you put your foot to the peddle, that's when you could tell the difference. Faith is like that. Faith must be used. Faith without works, or without action, is dead.

I prayed for many this morning. Then, I asked them to do something they hadn't been able to do - say something, do something, move something. It was wonderful to watch. God is bigger than our problems. He has already done everything necessary for our every need. I told one gal, "This is like having power steering in your car. It's wonderful when you use it. But, if you never touch the wheel, if you never turn the wheel, it doesn't do you any good. It doesn't help you at all. It must be used."

No comments:

Post a Comment