Friday, September 14, 2018

Stigler/Quinton

There is one thing that really stood out today. There is a young man who is living in one of the nursing homes I visited today. He was on the local high school football team just a few years ago. I'm not clear about the accident he was in however it resulted in him not having the use of his legs. He is in a wheel chair. (I have visited with him over the last year.) I had not seen him for a few months so when I saw him today I noticed a change. His upper body was much more muscular. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm doing 200 push-ups in the morning and another 200 push-up in the evening." He said, "It's a miracle. I'm never giving up on God because I know He's not giving up on me." I asked him if he could feel his legs. (I new that he had no feeling before.) He said, "Yes, the feeling is coming back. I'm in the middle of a miracle."

It's people like that that inspire me. They know their God. And, in the tough times they do not quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment