Thursday, June 6, 2019

Muskogee/Tahlequah

This morning I was reminded of a story I heard back in Bible School. (I'll relay it as I remember it.)
One of my instructors said years ago he had set up his tent in a particular town in California for a 2 week revival. The first full week no one came. He ministered like "a house of fire" to his wife and himself. They took up the offering each night between the two of them and then after the service put the offering back in their pockets. At the beginning of the second week some neighborhood kids peeked under the tent wondering who this crazy man was preaching to an empty tent. Soon others from the neighborhood and community came. The tent fulled up that second week and they had a tremendous response. The revival lasted much longer than 2 weeks. The instructor said if he had packed up and quit after the first few days they would have never known the results of the revival. Then he said This, "Whatever the Lord tells you to do, just do it!"
This morning as I entered our meeting room, half the lights were off and a few residents were watching TV. They were not ready for me. I continued to set up and minister because God had told me to minister in nursing homes. He did not say, "Only minister if you have a big crowd." I am so thankful I have learned to "just do it." Sometimes our situations can cause our emotions to sway us one way or another. The question that needs to be answered is; what did God tell you to do?
By the end of the service several more residents had come in and we had a great service. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment