Friday, November 11, 2016

Stigler

Perspectives

As I looked around the room I realized that it is only the Love of God and His Word that actually has the answers to all the needs that I saw. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We are given a mandate in the Word, "Be a doer of the Word and not a hearer only". Many times when we go to church and hear the Word we have a tendency to think that's enough. We've heard the Word. It makes us feel good. And, we go home. But, hearing the Word and not doing the Word is not enough. We must do what the Word tells us to do. (I have to tell you right here, I believe in more than just the concept of the Bible. I believe in what the Bible literally says!)

 The past several months I have been meditating on Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." KJV


As believers we should be doing that. Instead of that sounding radical it should be the norm for the believer. I must admit, it's much easier to be a hearer than a doer. "These signs shall follow those who BELIEVE."

No comments:

Post a Comment