Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Nowata

The last two times I've been here the activities director was not here. So, today was the first time I'd seen her in 3 months. I mentions to her that the last two times I'd been here I could tell they were getting ready for Bingo. (Bingo is HUGE in the nursing homes.) She said, "Oh yes Bingo comes right after you." It reminded me of a time in the 80's when several of us, up in Iowa, ministered at a mission on Sunday afternoons. They had a rule at the mission. If you don't go to the service you can't get in line to eat their evening meal. (The service was always full.) So, I said to the activities director, "What if we said, If you don't come to the service you can't play Bingo." Her eyes got real big and with a smile on her face she said, "We would double the crowd instantly." We might have something! :)

We did have a great service. We are changing lives all throughout eastern Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment