Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Pryor/Jay

There are some residents in nursing homes that look repulsive. I know that may sound cold. But, it is the very reason many people do not come to visit. Residents are in nursing homes because they are not able to care for themselves. Sometimes the love of God, the compassion of God, is so strong I just want to hug them and not let them go. This morning there was a young resident in the room. She comes as often as she can. She appears to have birth defects that have caused her to be in a nursing home her whole life. I put my hand on her shoulder and hugged her as we were singing. She is in a wheel chair so she put her head on my waist. We just staid there for a while as we were singing. Then, we both began to cry at the same time. The compassion of the Lord was overwhelming. At that moment I was her dad and she was my daughter. This is the family of God. This is who we are. And, this is what we do.

Strengthening The Saved - Saving The Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment