Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tulsa/Bartlesville

Tulsa was my first stop today. This nursing home is off the corner of 61st & Sheridan. It's one of the largest in the area. We've moved to the front room because it's the biggest room they have. We have the opportunity to minister to many people. I'm ministering on the theme - The Secret To Life.
Ann and I were able to spend some time with my mom over the weekend. After overcoming many physical and emotional struggles my mom reminded me of her secret to life. She is always telling me how busy she is and how much she has to do. She has made the choice to spend much of her time studying the Word and in prayer - Her secret to life. So, her are my points to the nursing homes but also to all those who are reading this. 1) Jesus said, Ye Must Be Born Again. 2) Be filled with the Spirit - ye shall receive power. 3) He will guide you into all truth. 4) His yoke is easy and His burden is light. 5) What ever He says to do, do it.
We had a great service. At the close we sang - Standing On The Promises. Before we started to sing, one of the residents shouted out, "Let's Go!" It reminded me that standing in faith, on the Word, requires action. We are to be doers of the Word and not hearers only.

No comments:

Post a Comment