Thursday, February 18, 2016

Muskogee

I was about 2 minutes away from the nursing home when I got a call, "Just checkin' on you". It was the activities director. She said,"I've got them singing until you get here." There was lots of traffic in Muskogee and I think I hit every red light. What a blessing to hear everyone singing as I walked in the facility. They certainly do love the Lord. Not only did we sing together but we prayed for one another. Residents laid hands on other residents and prayed. After the service was over I ministered to a woman whom I have known for 4 years. She was in a geri chair and not talking any more. I held her hand and began to sing "Jesus Loves Me". After the third time through, she made eye contact and said, "Please, don't leave." We both started to cry. I told her I would be back and we will do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment