Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pryor

It was my observation this morning that the spoken Word is powerful no matter who speaks it.

In the nursing homes it's difficult to know who understands what you are saying unless they respond in some kind of way: a facial expression, verbal, or something, etc. After I had been singing and speaking for a while a woman in the back responded to something I said. She said something like this, "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, He is my healer, my deliverer and is available to anyone who asks!" I told her I should just sit down and let her preach. She said, "Oh no, I'm not a preach, I'm just a child of God who knows who I am in Christ." Wow, that doesn't happen very often but it's wonderful when it does. This group is growing. I spoke to the activities director after the service and she said this group loves to get together when I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment