Monday, August 28, 2017

Wewoka

We had quit an amazing time in Wewoka. I met a man who was new to the facility. (I wish I could show you our picture together but I'd better not.) He explained, in a very slow and determined speech, that he had been in a very serious car accident. He apparently hydroplaned on the highway, lost control of his car and flipped several times. After leaving the highway he topped 30 trees and flew from the car. He said, "My skull was cracked open like a walnut." I said, "It's a miracle you are alive." He said, "You call it a miracle. I call it a curse." He has stopped breathing 3 times but has been revived. Since then he has signed papers to not revive him again. He is in constant pain. He didn't seem to know any of the hymns we were singing. So, I asked him if he had heard about Jesus. He had heard and wanted to know more. He lost everything: health, wife, family, etc. He wanted a secure future. I shared several scripture verses with him and then he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. I had not seen him smile up till then. But then he had a big smile. He new he was secure in Christ.
I want to thank my partners for giving me the ability to be in Wewoka today. (It is 102 miles away from home.) This was one of those moments I knew I was in the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment