Thursday, February 23, 2017

Muskogee

Many times, looking out over the congregation, I am overwhelmed by the responsibility God has given me. I know the only way I can accomplish what God has for me is to rely on Him. This morning, as I walked in the door, a couple came to me asking me if I was the "preacher". They had brought their grandmother to this nursing home and today was her first day. They said, we were told to bring our grandmother to your meeting because you're "good". As a minister, the only way people would consider me "good" is that they are receiving form the Lord. They may not realize that, but that is the truth. Like I said, sometimes it's overwhelming to me, the responsibility. Several years ago I wanted to know everything about what God wanted me to do before I would take a step. I am learning more and more I really only want to know the next step. It really is much easier that way. It's not so overwhelming. Living by faith is an amazing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment