Monday, February 13, 2017

Sallisaw

Half of the nursing homes I go to, I never write about. That is going to change. I write about the morning services during my lunch time. Then, after my afternoon service, I go home. I realized half of what's going on in the nursing home ministry is not being told.

This afternoon I traveled to Sallisaw and had a 2pm service. We shared Eph 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." After the service an employee said her son had been sick with a high fever. She had turned to 1 Peter 2:24 ". . .by whose stripes ye were healed", and confessed that verse. She asked me if that was what I was talking about. She was right. When a flaming arrow comes at you to cause sickness, to steal, to kill, or destroy we have the right to create a shield with the Word of God. Hold the Word between you and that flaming arrow. It will quench that fiery dart.We must learn how to fight with the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment